3.28.2011

365 days of Halloween.

So, a blog, about Halloween, is it really needed? Do people have the same obsession passion for the Holiday as I do? I'm hoping yes. I was thinking about this blog and if people will ever read it and somehow starting thinking about wedding blogs. Don't get me wrong I love a good wedding/entertaining blog and the ones I have stumbled across have oodles of eye candy and great resources, but its just one day. I've been searching for a while for a Halloween blog and they seem to me to be scarce and difficult to track down. By contrast their are hundreds thousands of wedding blogs, websites, magazine, shows etc. I am not trying to diminish the importance of a wedding but that's a lot of resources for an event that happens once. I am simply wondering why the same resources don't currently exist for a holiday that occurs every year without fail.

I'm not sure if the fact I grew up in England has any reason for my love of the holiday. I remember my mother taking me trick or treating to a handful of house every year in England. The reason for this, it seemed that Halloween is not a "big deal" in England and the doors on which we knocked every year were Canadian families living in England that my mother knew would be handing out treats. By contrast when I moved to Canada I was introduced to an entirely different Halloween. One that included elaborate costumes, endless hours of trick or treating and countless parties. This is the one that I fell in love with and hasn't lost its appeal to me even now. So I ask, is this blog just for me or is this a "resource" that is needed? Well either way I am early in to this and enjoying posting inspired finds for Halloween. I hope one day someone else will enjoy it as well. Until then I leave you with the history/evolution of Halloween from the Guide to Online Schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment